Broccoli may not be everyone's favourite, but this clever recipe from Fay Lewis' book, Be My Guest, is guaranteed to convert your guests (or family).
- Broccoli spears (if available), or a head of broccoli cut into florets
- 40 gram (1/2 packet) of walnuts
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Steam the broccoli until tender and place warm in serving plate.
- In the original recipe, the walnuts are heated dry in a small frying pan for 3 minutes. Add the olive oil to the pan and fry for a further 2 minutes. Remove from heat and pour over the broccoli.
- We found that the somewhat healthier option of simply drizzling olive oil over the warm broccoli and sprinkling with walnuts works well too.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.