Rich, festive, fabulous, and expensive, a biltongpotjie is special dish for a special occasion.
Serves 4 to 5.
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or chopped
- 250 gram mushrooms
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 500 gram biltong
- 1 cup frozen or 1 tin pitted corn
- 500 gram twisted or shell noodles, cooked al dente
- 1 red capsicum
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 1 cup of grated cheese (Cheddar or NZ Tasty)
- Fry onion until soft over medium heat.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, capsicum and thyme and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat.
- Add corn, biltong and cooked noodles, cream and cheese and heat slowly through until cheese starts to melt.
Serve with a salad.