A strawberry mousse that melts in your mouth, combined with crispy meringue.
- 3 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 packet (80 gram) strawberry jelly
- 1 cup (250 ml) boiling water
- ¾ cup (175 gram) of fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) cream, whipped
- Extra strawberries to garnish
- Whisk egg white, boiling water, and vinegar, until foamy.
- Add the sugar, little by little.
- Whisk until very dry.
- Pipe meringue-rosettes on foil.
- Bake or dry slowly in an oven of 80°C for 3 to 4 hours.
- Dissolve jelly in boiling water and leave to cool until its consistency is similar to that of raw egg white.
- Whip cream.
- Fold strawberries and cream into jelly before its starts to set.
- Line a pie-dish with crumbed meringue to make a meringue crust or use a ready-to-use meringue-pavlova crust.
- Spoon the strawberry mousse-mixture onto the meringue.
- Garnish with halved strawberries just before you serve.
You can also spoon the jelly mixture into serving glasses, and then top each with individual, large meringues. Garnished with halved strawberries and fresh mint.