This dish is not traditional at all, but rather a fusion of South African and Italian flavours.
You will want to have everything ready before you start, because once you got started, you'll need to work fast to prevent the lamb from overcooking.
- 2 to 3 lamb cutlets per person
- 3 to 4 baby potatoes per person
- 2 to 3 broccoli stems per person
- Green, yellow and red capsicum (sweet bell peppers)
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Crushed garlic
- Coriander (fresh is best, but the dried and ground coriander will work too)
- Lemon juice
- Cream or mayonnaise
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Black pepper and coarse salt
- Boil potatoes in a little water until tender.
- Thinly slice the bell peppers onto the plates. They go very well with the lamb and potato, especially if you sweeten it just a wee bit with a dash of balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Heat pan (has to be fairly hot).
- Lightly coat pan with olive oil and add lamb.
- While frying, coat each cutlet with garlic, coriander and a little lemon juice.
- Fry for 3 minutes then turn over and fry for 3 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli until just tender.
- Remove pan from heat and let the meat rest. This gives you just 3 minutes to complete your dish!
- Distribute potatoes between plates. Use a fork to break open the top of each potato.
- Cover each potato with cream or mayonnaise, then top with freshly grinded black pepper, a wee bit of coarse salt, and grated parmesan.
- Add broccoli to plates and season with to taste with lemon juice and, if you want, parmesan.
- Finally, add the lamb cutlets and serve immediately.