We love it when the first strawberries of the season announce the eminent arrival of summer, even if they tend to be a bit tart. This is fortunately not a problem, if you serve them with balsamic vinegar!
(This recipe appears in Fay Lewis' excellent book, Be My Guest.)
- 250 gram strawberries
- 1/2 tablespoon (7 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Hull and halve the strawberries and place them in a bowl.
- Dribble the balsamic vinegar over and dust with the icing sugar.
- Leave for 1 hour before serving.