Tomato and Onion Salad
- 4 to 5 ripe tomatoes
- 2 onions
- Brown sugar
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly grated black pepper
- Red wine vinegar
- Peel tomatoes and cut in round slices.
- Arrange the tomato on a flat glass platter
- Cut onion in round slices and place on top of the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with vinegar and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Chill in fridge
For easy pealing, cut a very shallow X on the bottom of the tomato. Drop the tomato into boiling water and remove it after 30 seconds, or when the skin begins to peel. Let it cool down and then peel.