Strawberry Mousse and Meringue
A strawberry mousse that melts in your mouth, combined with crispy meringue.
- 3 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 packet (80 gram) strawberry jelly
- 1 cup (250 ml) boiling water
- ¾ cup (175 gram) of fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) cream, whipped
- Extra strawberries to garnish
- Whisk egg white, boiling water and vinegar until foamy.
- Little by little, add sugar.
- Whisk until very dry.
- Pipe meringue-rosettes on foil.
- Bake or dry slowly in an oven of 80°C for 3 to 4 hours.
- Dissolve jelly in boiling water and leave to cool until its consistency is similar to that of raw egg white.
- Whip cream.
- Fold strawberries and cream into jelly before its starts to set.
- Line a pie-dish with crumbed meringue to make a meringue crust or use a ready-to-use meringue-pavlova crust.
- Spoon the strawberry mousse-mixture onto the meringue.
- Garnish with halved strawberries just before you serve.
Alternative: Spoon the jelly mixture into serving glasses and topped with a individual, large meringues. Garnished with halved strawberries and fresh mint.