The old breakfast favourite.
- 8 large eggs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons (1 teaspoon for each egg) low-fat milk
- Butter for frying
- Heat a frying pan and whisk the eggs with the milk and salt.
- Melt the butter in the frying pan and add the egg mixture.
- Wait a bit until setting begins. Push eggs toward centre with a spatula, while tilting skillet to distribute runny egg.
- As mixture begins to set, gently draw the spatula across bottom and sides of pan, forming large, soft curds, until there is no runny egg left. Break apart large pieces as they form.
- Flavour with salt and black pepper, and transfer eggs to warmed plates.
- Serve as is, maybe with a wee pinch of salt
- Top with grated cheese
- Top with fresh herbs, such as chopped parsley or chives
- Stir in finely chopped biltong while cooking