Peppermint crisp shooters (peppermint crispies)
Peppermint crisp shooters (peppermint crispies for short) are the liquor equivalent of the incredibly popular peppermint crisp tart. They are just as bad for you as the real tart, and just as irresistible.
To make 3 to 4 shooters, using a miniature (50 ml) bottle of vodka:
- Miniature bottle (50 ml) vodka
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) fresh cream
- 1 bar of Nestle Peppermint Crisp Chocolate
To make 550 ml for 10 to 14 shooters, use:
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) vodka
- 397gram tin (300 ml) condensed milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) fresh cream
- 3 bars of Nestle Peppermint Crisp Chocolate
- Combine vodka, condensed milk and cream and shake or stir well.
- Pour into shot glasses.
- You can now top each glass with a decent layer of grated peppermint crisp chocolate.
Or even better: because grated peppermint crisp tends to sink to the bottom of the glass, you may want to serve each shooter with a block or two of peppermint crisp. To drink, pop the block of peppermint crisp into your mouth, empty the shot glass, and chew.