Peach Noodle Salad
An easy and simple pasta salad that goes well with "braaivleis" (barbeque), picnics or when camping out. The salad can be refrigerated for up to three days.
- 250 gram dry pasta noodles or spirals
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 rib of celery
- 1 capsicum (green pepper)
- 1½ teaspoon mild curry powder (or 2 teaspoons if you like spicy food)
- 1 x 410 gram tinned peaches in juice
- ½ cup mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip or Best Foods Lite Mayonnaise)
- ¼ cup sultanas
- ¼ cup walnuts (slightly chopped)
- Salt and freshly grated pepper
- Boil pasta until al dente (not too soft). Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Fry onion, celery, capsicum and clove in oil until soft.
- Add curry powder and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cut peaches in bite-sized bits and add with it's juice to the onion mixture.
- Add mixture to pasta and stir through.
- Add mayonnaise and flavour with salt and pepper.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.