Serves 4 to 6
- 1 lettuce / pre-packaged salad leaves
- 2 large firm tomatoes or 12 cherry tomatoes
- ½ telegraph cucumber
- 1 capsicum (sweet pepper)
- 1 carrot
- 12 black olives, halved
- 150 gram feta cheese, coarsely crumbled
- chives or onion rings (optional)
- Olive oil
- A dash of balsamic vinegar
- Finely chopped garlic
- Wash and dry lettuce, then tear into bite size pieces and place in large bowl.
- Cut tomato in wedges (or halve them if you use cherry tomatoes) and add to lettuce.
- Slice cucumber, remove seeds from capsicum and cut into strips, and add to bowl.
- Cut carrot into julienne strips.
- Add the olives, feta cheese and chopped chives.
- Combine ingredients for the dressing in a container (an empty spice bottle with its lid on works perfectly).
- Shake and pour over salad immediately before serving.