Leg of Lamb
This delicately flavoured leg of lamb reminds of Greek-style lamb, but is traditional South African.
- Lemon juice
- Crushed garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Sprig of rosemary
- Place leg of lamb on a big plate.
- Rub it with lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly grinded black pepper.
- Rub with olive-oil and plenty of garlic.
- Place in an oven bag. Add 2 tablespoons of water and rosemary twig.
- Optional: for a little non-traditional extra zing, add two tablespoons balsamic vinegar.
- Seal the bag and place in an ovenproof dish in the oven. Bake at 160°C, for aproximately 30 minutes per 500 gram weight, plus extra 30 minutes. (A 2 kg leg will therefore need 2½ hours.)
- Add a potato and half an onion per person 1½ hour before end of cooking time and reseal the bag.
- When the lamb is ready, pour the sauce out, add corn flour and microwave for a minute or two to make a delicious gravy.