Old-fashioned cup-cake recipe with currants and nutmeg.
24 muffin-sized cup-cakes.
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup butter (175 gram)
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2½ cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup currents (or 1 teaspoon vanilla of you don't have currents)
- ¼ cup milk
- Cream butter and sugar until pale.
- Add eggs one by one and mix.
- Use a second container to sift dry ingredients together. Add currents.
- Alternatively, add small portions of milk and the dry ingredients to the creamed sugar, butter and egg mixture.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes in oven at 180°C
Keep well if stored in an air-tight container.
We place paper cups in the muffin pan, or, for a bit of extra fun, flat-bottomed ice cream cones. If you live in New Zealand, use Pam's (their bottoms are the flattest).