Chicken Liver is tasty and nutritious. Serve it on toast as breakfast, or as a starter.
- 300 gram chicken livers, cleaned, quartered and sprinkled with lemon juice
- 1 to 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (or water)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch cayenne (red pepper)
- 1 tablespoon sherry or brandy
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Saute the onion in a little bit of oil, until softened.
- Add garlic and chicken livers and stir until the chicken livers are firm and lightly browned.
- Add spices and dried herbs.
- Combine the cornflour and the stock into a paste and add to chicken liver.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently for 7 to 10 minutes, until cooked to taste.
- Flavour with sherry, salt, black pepper and cayenne.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve on toast