Bacon and Pea Salad
Bacon and Pea Salad is delicious and will last a few days, is great to have in the fridge ready for use.
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced capsicum
- 1 diced onion
- 1 cup fresh cauliflower-tops
- 500 gram frozen green peas
- 2 cups of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 250 gram bacon (fried and cut up in small pieces)
- Arrange lettuce, celery, capsicum, onion, cauliflower and peas in this order in a sealable container.
- Add mayonnaise and sprinkle sugar on top
- Top with cheese and fried bacon pieces.
- Seal container and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Stir through before serving.
The salad keeps well in the fridge for up to a week.